Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mia rolled over...

Mia rolled over today. I wish I had something to document this mile stone in her life, but it wasn't as sweet as we hoped it'd be. Poor baby. She was taking a nap with her dada on the couch, and he left her alone for 2 minutes to come bug, I mean talk to me in the room when we heard a loud noise. We immediately ran out to see what had happened. Mia managed to roll her self right off the couch, off the computer chair that tyler had put in front of the couch as a barrier, and landed on the floor. Our hearts sank. I called my sister and the doctor immediately. I felt like the worse mom in the world. And so did Tyler. He kept apologizing. I knew it wasn't his fault and I wanted to comfort him, but at that moment we were both preoccupied with consoling our crying baby. She's a champ. She stopped crying as soon as we picked her up and talked to her. She was alert and responsive. Just startled by the fall, but who wouldn't be? She wasn't allowed to nap for a while (as a precaution). Everything is okay. But for those minutes that we held her close I couldn't seem to stop kissing her. We're grateful and lucky that nothing worse happened. Now we just have to remember that our little girl is growing a lot faster than we thought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment