Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Time.


Sunday was day lights saving and although we had one WHOLE extra hour in the day, I still feel like I could have used a few more. It's strange but the clock plays such a ginormous impact in our lives. We often hear that saying "So much to do, so little time"
Most of us have a system. Alarms go off at a specif time, work starts at a certain hour, dinner needs to be on the table at another. I've been thinking a lot lately about how I manage my time, especially now that we're bringing a little one into the house. Do I do enough during the day? Is there too much procrastination on my part? How could I manage more in a smaller time frame?
I guess I've been thinking this because of  a conversation I had yesterday with Tyler. My hair is natually curly and it takes me anywhere between 35 minutes- 45 minutes to blow dry my hair. It's something I not only need to do but have to in order to control the frizz. I calculated how much time I spend a year doing that small thing, and thought holy cow I could be doing so much more with those precious minutes. I know it sounds ridiculous but this has honestly been troubling me.
At any given moment, I'm going to welcome a little girl into this crazybusy world. I know that Time doesn't stop for anyone, (one of my mother's favorite sayings), that's why we have to appreciate every minute we're given. Good or bad. It's a minute that we can never take back. So what do you do to make sure you're ahead of the clock, and not always dragging behind? Any thoughts or opinions on this ? Do you guys struggle with time management? And what do you do to work through it?

No comments:

Post a Comment