Monday, November 7, 2011

Baby's room & rocking chair revealed!!!

My mom is the type of person who always has a billion people over her house, or is always bringing leftovers to her neighbors. On one occasion where she was dropping off a meal to a friend from her old ward, this friend asked her if she knew anyone who needed a rocking chair. She immediately text me waiting to give a response. I had actually been dreaming over this rocking chair/ glider from Walmart. Tyler and I had been fortunate enough to get a crib for free, courtesy of my brother in law, so we figured the rocking chair would be our contribution to baby's room. BUT.. of course we went back and forth with the decision, because although the glider was absolutely gorgeous, the other one was free. We, I eventually gave in and said yes to bringing this bad boy home.
It has definitely seen it's days, and could use a little spruce me up. So I took it upon my self to work on this project!! At first I was a little intimidated. I mean the most sewing I did was with Katie, working on bags, and scarves. I was worried I was going to make the chair uglier, and maybe even ruin it. Luckily, I have an amazing visiting teacher who told me I could handle it and let me borrow her staple gun (for the foot rest). I've been working on the chair here and there trying to make it "just right".
Here it is....



Tyler trying it out! 







I'm so proud of how it turned out, and this way I can tell baby Mia that it was specially made for her.
                    The crib sheet I made thanks to this tutorial
 The pillow cube I made out of scrap fabric from the other projects. It didn't turn out too bad!
Little birdie
                                         
This doll was given from a darling friend from Boston.

The changing pad cover was made courtesy of this E's tutorial... The "M" frame was made by my sweet friend Megan for Mia's hair clips. Isn't it sweet?!


I found this cute blog, that had canvas' made of owls and birds, and since that was the theme in baby's room, I knew I had to have one done. 
I also found this owl from 2&thru and have been meaning to do some for the book shelf, that I'm hoping to put into the nursery. 

We are ready to welcome little miss Mia into our home. Our bags are packed, her room is done, all of her clothes, and blankies have been washed and put away. I can't wait to finally hold her and admire who see looks like. Will she have her daddy's eye's? Will she have chubby cheeks like her momma? What will her cries sound like? I can't wait to breathe it all in. We love our little munckin'  

3 comments:

  1. You did such a great job!!!!!!!! It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The rocking chair is really cute! I love it! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rocking chair is adorable! You did a great job! I can't wait to sit in it in person rocking little Mia! I love all the cute things you've done with the room. She is one lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete